Embarking on a search to identify the best product configurator software can easily become a daunting task. “Technology is a significant financial investment, even for established small businesses, and the number of options can be overwhelming,” states Curt Finch, SoftwareCEO blogger and CEO of Journyx. With dozens of seemingly wonderful product configurators on the market to choose from, it’s important to do your homework in order to make the best decision for your business.
Five features to pay attention to when choosing the best product configurator
- Usability: The primary users of the software are likely be your sales reps, your customers, or a mixture of both. The ideal product configurator software offers intuitive navigation and a clean design that is easy to operate at any skill level.
- Integration: Achieving interconnectivity within your businesses technology will substantially increase operational efficiency. Look for product configurator software that integrates seamlessly with CRM (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.) and ERP software for business process automation and to avoid duplication or inconsistencies in data.
- Customization: Product configurator needs vary from business to business. A winning product configurator software will accommodate customization what will fit the specific needs of your business’ product offering.
- System Support: As with any new software, you’re going to have questions along the way and will need a responsive support team at your disposal. Waiting on support tickets will cost you valuable time and possibly sales. Implementing a web portal empowers 24×7 self-service capabilities for your customers, partners, and resellers.
- Budget: Besides the price tag of the technology, you must weigh the cost of its implementation. Often times the least expensive solution will be associated with higher and unexpected maintenance costs. By narrowing down your search in the beginning to identify high-quality product configurator software, you will find the most cost effective and long-term solution.
Product Configurator software will undoubtedly streamline your company’s sales and ordering process, providing internal sales, external partners and customers with tailored quoting and ordering functions. When it comes to selecting the right product configurator software for your company, take into consideration factors such as usability, CRM integration, customization, system support and budget.
Start empowering your sales team today with the all-in-one Powertrak Product Configurator, highly rated for ease of use, customer service and integration capabilities. Read reviews here or view a product configurator demo to learn more.